Friday, January 6, 2012

I've been away...

I've been away for way too long...

But I've had good reason, I promise.

Do you remember my last post? About my grandmother? If you don't, don't worry, I'm not offended. In summation, she has cancer. A lot of cancer. And she's old and weak and probably not going to survive this. So, I decided to go back to Phoenix for the Christmas holidays to spend some time with her (and other family and friends as well, of course). Not to be entirely crass, but I would rather see her smiling and opening Christmas gifts than cold and... well... you know.

But now we are back and all settled in back at home in Florida.

For the time being.

You see, we (hubby and I together) made the life altering decision to move back to Phoenix when he finishes with law school. He graduates this May, which means we will be back in Arizona by the end of the year.

Yikes!

I've done the cross country move. Three times, actually. And only one of those times did it go as smoothly as we had hoped. So the odds are not in our favor that this move will go smoothly. But, the decision has been made, and that's that.

So.

What new and exciting things are you all up to this New Year?

2 comments:

  1. Well that's very exciting news!! Although it means that when I inevitably come to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you won't be just down the road, and that makes me sad...

    Being back around your family and friends will be totally worth the stress of the move, I'm sure! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! This is so awesome! You totally just made me dance around the kitchen!

    I'm down for any place scoping, unpacking, babysitting so you can get settled - anything except cooking. Big decision, but I can imagine how hard it has been to be in FL without fam.

    Maybe the secret best part of the move is that your school gets to come with you!

    *squeal!*

    ReplyDelete