Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh, BOYS!

I definitely live in a house full of boys.

At dinner, if somebody burps, it is greeted with uproarious laughter. The laughter is broken for a brief instant to hear a stilted "excuse me."

Same thing if somebody farts.

Though that, thankfully, is not usually at the dinner table.

Usually.

I've convinced my son to eat more than one dinner by showing him how some kind of wild animal also consumes that same dinner. Salmon? Grizzly bears eat it. Ribs? Lions eat meat off the bone. Salad? I showed him the scene in Jurassic Park of the brachiosaurus eating greens. It's a pretty gross technique, but it seems to be working. 

Today, the following conversation was heard coming from the hall bathroom:
5 year old son: I have to pee!
3 year old son: But I have to pee, too!
5 year old son: Let's pee at the same time! One... Two... Three...


8 comments:

  1. LOL. I have three boys. I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Boys will be boys. I love your technique to get get them to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no boys in our family, besides my dad. I cannot imagine being outnumbered by so much... boyness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, as gross as it is, I'm pretty proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that I am not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in a house full of girls. I remember my dad sitting at the dinner table, just rubbing his temples and looking very studiously at his food, not meeting anybody's eye. I thought it was weird at the time. Now, though... probably warranted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It's not just boys, though... my daughter is almost five and loves fart talk. Thanks for stopping by my blog and here's to a great campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol. Boys are cute sometimes...

    ReplyDelete