Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Murphy's Laws

Murphy's Laws regarding blogging and/or writing in general:

- Whenever you have lots of time, you will have no ideas. You will stare at a screen forlornly, wishing for something awesome to appear in the bright, blank white space. The blank white space that is mocking you. (don't ever think that it's not mocking you... it is... it totally is)

- Whenever you have lots of ideas, you will have no time. You will generate dozens of word documents with titles like "Dystopian Something Or Other" or "Silly Love Story." This documents will contain random snippets of information regarding plot pieces, scenes, characters or back cover blurbs. Or you will find yourself staring at fourteen blog drafts, each containing a link to a story or picture that gave you inspiration at some point.

Of course...

- All these word documents and blog posts will make ZERO sense to you once you do have some time to sit down and actually tackle them.


5 comments:

  1. You know, I'm pretty sure the exact same thing applies to university work. I've been sitting here for the past four hours trying to work on an essay that's due on Friday. What have I written? Two sentences. What will I come up with to write in an hour, 15 minutes before I have to leave for class? ALL THE WORDS EVER. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha shame that is frustrating. Hope you beat Murphy soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA oh my god it's totally true! I'm on spring break right now, and even though I have tons of free time I just can't seem to get any ideas! I always write best under pressure, usually at 1:00 in the morning before an important test ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I do have to admit I have never done a rough draft before. I just sit and type...that is probably why my posts (like me) are completely random...

    ReplyDelete