A few weeks ago, I posted about the horrendous side effects I was experiencing with my pain meds. Since then, I've had my gall bladder removed, and am now on a different set of meds (thank my wonderful husband for remembering to tell the surgeon about those side effects so I could get a different prescription!)
This new medicine comes with its own side effects, of course. However, instead of paranoia, insomnia and hallucinations, these meds make me a little silly.
Luckily, they also make me sleepy. Which means I have really silly dreams. For instance:
- I am walking down the street in a 1940's sailor girl outfit, drinking vinegar from a bottle with a twisty straw.
- I spend a good amount of time arguing with Alec Baldwin about whether or not the word "Auntie" starts with the letter "M" (turns out, he's right- it does not start with "M"... who knew?)
- I adopt a pair of baby polar bears. The reason for this should be obvious. They have perfectly white coats, which I successfully tie-dye.
- I invent a new color. It is awesome. Sadly, I cannot prove it to you, because I am the only one who can see it.
- I sit Clary and Jace (of Mortal Instruments fame) down and give them a serious talking to. Actually, this one isn't so silly, but it is ridiculous, because everybody knows that those two will never listen to reason.
- I watch the State of the Union address, and in it, President Obama sings "Be Prepared" from the Lion King, and sounds a whole lot better than Jeremy Irons did. No hyenas were present, sadly, but he was accompanied by several African tribesmen in authentic garb and headdresses.
If I had to pick one set of side effects over the other, I choose the silly dreams. Plus, I'm on these meds for at least four more days, so who knows what else I will come up with! Have you ever had awesomely silly dreams? Or awesome side effects from pain meds? Do share!