Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cross country moving

I've been moving across the country for the last several days, so my thoughts are a little spacey today. I am blogging mostly because tomorrow is Thursday, so Things I Like Thursday is going up, but I have blogged only on Thursdays for the last couple weeks, and I need there to be some evidence that I am, in fact, capable of original thought.

So, today you get bullet points.

Hey, I said "original thought" not "amazing blogging."

- I accidentally bought "Va Va Vanilla" scented deodorant, which smells like candy-flavored deodorant, which is weird. However, it also does not last as long as the typical deodorant, so by the end of the day I smell a little like sweat, candy and deodorant. It's lovely.

- I got my Arizona driver's license today. Since I tend to over-prepare for pictures, I have REALLY shiny hair in the pic. I have yet to decide how I feel about it.

- I spent forty three hours straight in my car, with my three kids (ages 6, 3 & 1), my mother and one of my oldest and dearest friends. One instance of puke, one pair of peed pants and somebody pooped in a grocery bag. It was necessary, I assure you of that, but it certainly wasn't my idea of a good time.

- I have been invited to a book club here in Phoenix. I don't have high hopes, since previous book clubs have turned out to be food clubs. But, for the first time in my whole life, I have not read the book for book club. And I just don't have time to care.

- I do, however, have time to watch more episodes of "How I Met Your Mother." So there's that.

How's your week going?

6 comments:

  1. Pooping in a grocery bag probably would have been a better solution for the family in Rat Race than making the daughter stick her butt out the window and turning the music up so no one could hear!! Sounds like it was an...interesting...trip.

    That deodorant sounds unpleasant.

    My week has mostly been good. Finished classes. Still have a butt load of assignments to do though :( And I finally finished Dawson's Creek, which everyone is eternally grateful for. And then it struck me as a really good idea to rewatch a bunch of 90s TV shows and blog about them, so I promptly moved on to rewatching The X-Files season 1. On VHS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I hope it was one of the kids who pooped in the grocery bag.... haha Yeah, I have little time for a book club. Plus, I'd rather read at my own pace and books that I really want to read. :D Glad you made it safely back to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SandrasfiberworksMay 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM

    Thought of you for my writing hop -- like your style! :)
    http://sandrasfiberworks.blogspot.com/2012/05/sandras-writing-workshop-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. Moving sucks, and three small kids in the car?? Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your comment on the Anwa blog (I think it was there anyway) about loving real books. I completely agree with you about not wanting an entirely eBook society because I don't want all the information controlled that I have access too. Anyway, I had to come check out your blog ofter that. Sounds like you've been crazy busy with this move. Good luck! I know how hard moving can be and I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A part of me wants to hear about this three hour trip, but I feel like once I know I will regret asking.

    ReplyDelete