Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Awesome Search Terms Roundup

I love seeing how people find my blog, particularly if they come in from a search engine. My favorites from this blog:

"Men in underwear"

I've never posted a picture of a man in his underwear. This isn't that kind of blog. Though I'm sure you can find a lot of those kind of pictures on the "People" tag on Pinterest. Just Saying.

"Pithy marriage advice"
Why, thank you. I thought it was pithy.

"Research paper on Harry Potter"
This person, sadly, spent only twelve seconds on my blog. If they had emailed me I probably could have helped them a whole bunch, though.

On second thought... do your own darn homework.

"Some people are exhausting"
I don't know how this lead to me, but... it's true. And I think I could blog about this topic. Stay tuned.

Probably ten percent of my traffic is looking for this post in which I correct some seriously orange hair problems.  Which is a little bit funny to me, since it was my very first post on this blog. Perhaps I should have stopped while I was ahead?

Another five percent is looking for this post, in which I display the only semi-crafty thing I've done in... five years? Yeah. Five years sounds about right.

But my proudest achievement is that a whole bunch of people came looking for What Harry Potter Taught Us.

But, seriously, internet, why are you coming to me for "Romantic Teenage Text Messages"?

I cannot help you with that.

6 comments:

  1. Dara @ LivingMySomeday.comJuly 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM

    Fantastic. Simply fantastic. My favorite is probably "Some people are exhausting." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I LOVE doing this... I haven't in a while, maybe it's time again :-)...... now I'm going to read your HP post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad because after Snark Squad moved to Wordpress we haven't installed any web tracking. Nicole's been super busy and I just am dying to know what sorts of hits I'm getting on the Fifty Shades posts.

    Search terms are the best things of life.
    And yes, some people ARE exhausting. I look forward to that post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep getting ones about drinking your own urine... um, I don't remember posting about that but okay! Any hits are better than no hits right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men in underwear? Haha That is great. I need to look at my search terms again. Haven't for a while. But a lot of people find me through Bono. Of course they don't stay on my blog for long. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at the search terms people use to get to my blog.

    The amount of hits I get because of my post about Christian mingle makes me laugh a lot. That and I get a lot about what kind of shoes you should wear with a wine colored dress. But yours are far more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete