Saturday, November 24, 2012

I'm back.

I'm back in the blogging world. I returned to Twitter last week, but blogging has been more difficult. How do I address my absence? How personal do I want to get here? Well, here's the short version, for better or for worse.

(For those who follow my family blog/facebook, you've seen this all in much greater detail, you can probably skip this post. I'll see you next week.)

In September, I found out I was pregnant. YAY!

October 6th found me bleeding and in the hospital. BOO.

I spent weeks on bedrest, many days in a doctor's office, more time than I want to count looking at the screen of an ultrasound machine, praying for a miracle.

The miracle didn't come.

My baby died somewhere between November 1st and November 7th.

I was scheduled for a D&C, but started hemorrhaging and went to the emergency room a day early instead. The surgery was performed, everything went as well as possible, and I was sent home to heal.

Now, after weeks of sadness, pain, exhaustion, nausea, illness, and weakness, I am back to normal. I started writing again a few nights ago (thanks to Suz for doing sprints with me, even though she was up to her elbows - literally! - in chocolate caramels), and now, finally, I am returning to blogging.

I have been the worst blog commenter, and I plan to change that. Right after I mark all 3,000 items in my reader as "read".




9 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. What a terrible thing to go through. I'm so sorry for the loss of the baby, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I really am okay now. I waited until I was in a good place before I made this all super public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gina, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what it must've been like to go through that, but I know it can't have been easy. I will certainly be praying for you and your family as I'm sure there will be days where the loss hits you in funky ways even if most days you're totally fine.


    And we're glad you're coming back to the blogging world. We've missed you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melbourne on my MindNovember 25, 2012 at 12:56 AM

    So glad you're back and feeling better after all the shit you've been through this year. 64 days until I can give you hugs in person!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine going through that. I'm glad you're doing better, and I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and prayers, friend. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly can't imagine what you've gone through because it's never happened to me, but you are definitely in my thoughts chica. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thisis honestly one of those things that I thought for sure I was incapable of handling. Getting pregnant is not easy for me, and I really thought at was my fertility-related cross to bear. I always included "thank you for never having deal with a miscarriage" in my prayers.

    Now that I'm on the other side, though, I really am okay. I survived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry :( I hope you're recovery is still going well and writing is helping you through this.

    ReplyDelete