Monday, February 4, 2013

Holy Wrap Up, Batman!

It's been busy here.

We moved out of my mom's house.

And there was much rejoicing.
We moved into our own house.

And unpacked all the boxes, making said boxes available for more important tasks:
Like rocket ship races in the back yard.

I started my new semester of school, after processing a really complicated (more complicated than it needs to be, really) medical withdrawal for last semester.

My husband's law firm took off and he moved into a Real Office.




My best good friend, Kirsti, visited. We spent a lot of time on my couch, snarking on food network (she didn't know who Sandra Lee was. I took care of that.), making jokes and correcting each other's English.

We also saw the sing-along version of Les Mis at three in the afternoon.

Then we went to Outback Steakhouse with Eileen and M. Because obviously.
 Oh. Actually, the reason for this is probably not obvious.

Kirsti is from Australia.

Wait for it.

Yes.

We took the Australian to Outback, just for the LOLZ. And it totally worked. Here's my favorite exchange of the evening:

Waitress: What can I get for you?
Kirsti: I'll have the cheeseburger.
Waitress: *confused look* What?
Kirsti: *a little louder* The cheeseburger.

Here's where the rest of us started giggling. Also, I'd like to note that it's not just Americans who speak louder when we aren't being understood.

Waitress: Oh! The CHEESE burger!
Kirsti: Yes.
Waitress: What kind of cheese would you like on it?
Kirsti: American.

We all dissolve into hysterics at this point.

Then we had to explain to our poor waitress that we Americans took an Australian, who is visiting America, to an Australian-themed restaurant, where she ordered American cheese.

Even the waitress had to admit it was pretty funny.

Then Kirsti had to go and eat her cheeseburger with a fork and knife: 


Another day I took her to the botanical gardens (I'm sure her photog skills and SLR camera did a lot better than my six year old with an iphone):

And another day we got up at stupid o clock in the morning and were still late to our hot air ballooning appointment.

We were also the youngest people in the group by about thirty years. It was amazing and peaceful and beautiful and much less exhilarating than I thought it was going to be. 


And then I fell out of the basket after landing. And I chipped my nail.

So that's that.

I'm back. I'm less busy. And I'll probably still skip blogging a lot. But you already knew that.

3 comments:

  1. I had fun following your tweets about Outback. It was almost like I was there but I wasn't *sobs*


    All wonderful except the skipping out on blogging thing. Not approved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melbourne on my MindFebruary 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM

    I miss you. Also, bonus points for the Monty Python reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed Outback on Twitter, but when I got to hear Kirsti's stories in person, it was hands down my favorite one. Mostly because I just desperately wanted to be there too.

    ReplyDelete